Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mashups that Motivate: Geocaching, GoogleEarth, and Other Web 2.0 Tools (Hands on Workshop)

Presenter: Alice Christie, Ph.D., Arizona State University
Website: Dr. Alice Christie's Workshops for Educators


Web 2.0 tools have brought web and internet creation to the normal person. It's not only able to be done by programmers anymore! Dr. Christie's goal for us today is to create a Mashup.
I am thinking of doing the Alamo to show my students when I get back. I have never been there and it would be nice to have a record of my visit! We are getting a gps receiver to mark the spots where we take pictures.

Wow, what a workshop! I'm so happy with this session! I learned how to mark spots with a GPS receiver and then create a map on Google Maps! It was great. Dr. Christie's website is also great. I will definately be checking it out more in depth.

That is all for now! Good night, it's time to pack and head home in the morn.

No comments: