Monday, June 30, 2008

Lit2Go: Read Along and Edit Copyright-Free Audio Books


Gordon Worley

Dr. Shannon White

Florida Center for Instructional Technology

Click the title above for the NECC session information.

I waited outside from 1:35 (I was lucky my last session was so close!) The pic is all of us 96 people waiting for 25 minutes to get in the room for this session!!! :)




So far I've been in my seat about 6 minutes and already have 2 cd's filled with maps, sounds, and printable pdf's for use in my class! Hey! There's another cd! This one has 3D glasses that came with it!


The first topic for the session is Lit2Go. It is a bunch of free audio books! I am accessing it on ITunes for the audio portion, but the website also has all of the books in PDF format. All the books on Lit2Go can be put directly on IPods!! How exciting! I will be able to put books on the IPods I'm getting through the Community Foundations Grant. The stories and files available are all beyond copyright issues.


Gordon, the presenter then poses the question: So what? So my students can listen to books. Once downloaded on ITunes, I can just drag it and drop in on the desktop to use it in other projects like Audacity or GarageBand. He went on to show how to manipulate files in Audacity.


On the handout website I linked above there are links to sites with free files to download and use! Check them out!


If you have any trouble using any of this technology, they have a "Tech-Ease" site.

Tech-Ease for Macs: http://etc.usf.edu/te_mac

Tech-Ease for Windows: http://etc.usf.edu/te_win


Next Gordon showed a site with free clipart, etc. All of the link information is available on the handout website link above!!!


Well, it's 3:00 and the session is over!


No comments: